The Graduate Building Science program at USC is outstanding. Join us!
The Master of Building Science degree program in the USC School of Architecture has an outstanding faculty, wonderful students, and we would welcome students to apply to join our family. This program is good for people with backgrounds in architecture, engineering, and any other areas related to the built environment.
- The School of Architecture is among the best in the United States.
- We are located next to downtown Los Angeles, California.
- We have 500 undergraduates, and about 300 Masters students in our department.
- The Master of Building Science (MBS) program has about 45 students, and we have a track that encourages an emphasis on the building envelope.
- The Facade Tectonics Institute was founded here in the USC School of Architecture.
- Our students come from around the world (about half from USA).
- About half of our MBS students are women.
- We accept students with many different undergraduate degrees. About half are architecture undergraduate majors, but you do not have to be.
- We have a very large and strong faculty group, and we like each other. We work as a team with the students. We are family.
- We are interested in all aspects of building envelopes, sustainability, computing, energy, structure, seismic design, daylight, solar access, comfort, BIM, and other technology areas for the built environment.
- The MBS program lasts two years, and includes a research thesis in the 2nd year.
- We have great scholarship packages. They range from about $10,000 to over $25,000 per year, and are based on merit. We are seeking students that match our interests.
- Each student has their own workstation 24 hours a day in our buildings.
I have been here at USC for more than 25 years, and I love this School. The students and faculty here are wonderful people. You will love it here too.
Douglas E. Noble, FAIA, Ph.D.
Director of the Chase L. Leavitt Graduate Building Science Program
Chair of the Ph.D. Program and Co-Founder of the CLIPPER Lab
School of Architecture, University of Southern California
Los Angeles, California 90089-0291 USA
213.740.4589 | email@example.com